- France international signs five-year deal with Barcelona
- "It has always been my dream to be at Barça"
- Borussia Dortmund move to replace Dembele with Yarmolenko
Ousmane Dembele has spoken of having “achieved my dream” after completing his move from Borussia Dortmund to Barcelona.
The 20-year-old France international is currently being unveiled at the Camp Nou after the clubs agreed a fee, believed to be in excess of €100 million.
— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) August 28, 2017
"I am very happy to be here. It has always been my dream to be at Barça," Dembele told fcbarcelona.com after signing a five-year contract. "And now I’m here I’m very happy to have achieved my dream."
Dembele broke into the France squad last year and has become an increasingly important player for Didier Deschamps’ side, scoring his first goal for Les Bleus in a 3-2 friendly win over England in June. He joins fellow countrymen Samuel Umtiti and Lucas Digne at Barça and is in no doubt that he has made the correct choice in switching to the Camp Nou.
"This is the best club in the world with the best players in the world,” he said. My aim is to do everything for the club, everything for the team, and to have an understanding with my team-mates."
— Borussia Dortmund (@BVB) August 28, 2017
Dortmund, meanwhile, have moved quickly to replace the outgoing Frenchman by signing Ukraine international Andrey Yarmolenko from Dynamo Kiev.