- The conference will be staged at the Home of FIFA in Zurich on 2 March
- The action will be streamed live on Facebook and YouTube
- Check out the full agenda here
The fourth edition of the FIFA Conference for Equality and Inclusion aims to advocate the role of sport – and football in particular – as a true equaliser, a tool for inclusion and an avenue for opportunities and positive change.
Under the heading Pass it on – Hope through football, the conference will explore:
- how equal opportunities in sport can achieve real societal change;
- how sport can be used to facilitate integration into society; and
- sport's ability to empower people.
The keynote speech will be given by Elhadj As Sy, Secretary General of International Federation of Red Cross (IFRC).
The conference, which will be streamed live on Facebook and YouTube, is divided into three sessions and a keynote conversation.
- Session I: Stories from the field: equal opportunities in sports
- Session II: Restoring humanity: integration through sports
- Session III: Calling for action: empowering through sports
The keynote conversation will feature the participation of Frederic Kanoute, the France-born former Malian international, and Jean Sseninde, a current professional women's football player hailing from Uganda. The event will be moderated by the Fox Sports journalist and presenter Kate Abdo.
Full details on the sessions and the panellists can be found in the conference agenda, which you can download here.
For further information, please contact FIFA4equality@fifa.org.