After being approved with 100 per cent rating by the FIFA Congress in Manama, Bahrain, the interactive FIFA Activity Report 2016 is now online. The 2016 edition explores the full range of work that the administration of FIFA and the global football community has conducted around the world in 2016, in governance, competitions, football development, and of course documents the reform process.
2016 will go down as a landmark year in the history of FIFA, with the approval of much-needed governance reforms after a period of deep crisis and the arrival of new leaders.
Highlights from the latest FIFA Activity Report include:
- ELECTION: Gianni Infantino is elected as the ninth FIFA President by the Extraordinary Congress.
- REFORMS: New FIFA Statutes are approved: a much-needed governance overhaul in football administration
- FIFA FORWARD: The ground-breaking programme more than triples FIFA’s financial support to member associations for football development.
- ADMINISTRATION: In May, Fatma Samoura becomes the first woman to be appointed FIFA Secretary General
- MEMBER ASSOCIATIONS: The FIFA Congress confirms the admission of Kosovo and Gibraltar as the 210th and 211th FIFA Members respectively
- EXECUTIVE FOOTBALL SUMMITS: FIFA introduces regular forums to meet with member associations to exchange ideas and discuss the future of football
- COMPETITIONS: FIFA Organises eight tournaments, including three women’s football events: the Olympic Football Tournament, the U-17 World Cup in Jordan and the U-20 Would Cup in Papua New Guinea.
- FIFA 2.0: FIFA President Gianni Infantino unveils “FIFA 2.0: The Visions for the Future” – a strategic roadmap for the institution.
- THE BEST FIFA FOOTBALL AWARDS: Football’s top individual accolades take new shape and embrace the participation of fans.